Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

"understanding stuff is overrated"

this appeared on my facebook sticky note when i first arrived in Japan, and was rather frustrated with not knowing what's going on around me.

i can't believe how true this statement has proven to be. most things have sorted out by now, without me understanding most of what's going on. i haven't gotten into trouble caused by insufficient understanding... yet.

even more amazingly, my internet setup guide was completely in Japanese. The pictures would have been helpful had the setup programs read Japanese properly. Instead, I found gibberish on every screen that appeared, and I'm not getting the interface the picture guide was showing...

but voila! here I am, connected to the world wide web, unsure of whether I've completed the setup procedure proper. You're talking to someone who's a total idiot when it comes to geek stuff.

and thus is my introduction to Japan. I suspect my English is rather off - nor am I attaining more grammatically accurate Japanese. Ahhh~ that's part and parcel of being neither here nor there eh?

facebook me for photos =)

No comments: