Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Sunday, August 05, 2007

fragrance or "busuk"?

In church this morning, Mike Uttley began with the question:

"What's the worst smell for u?"

he went on with:

"What's your fav smell?"

My pillow!

"What does a good smell do?"

"It creates desires, doesn't it?"

My pillow makes me wanna sleep! ;p

I smiled to myself thinking of the very 1st "busuk" I had since... I can't rmb when. Since then there's been a few. No longer called "busuk" but yea... I love the smell of my pillows. and no, they don't get washed very often.

anyway.

"But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumph, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere." -2Cor 2:14 RSV

Christ in us makes us fragrances of the knowledge of him everywhere.

Certainly doesn't feel like it when I get "stop this J-week stuff!" and "Christianity die!" when I was chalking. Why do I feel like I'm more like a stink bomb when I submitted my essay, having written about my faith in Christ in Japanese? I suspect the uneasiness comes not just from the bad grammar I know I've splashed one side of the refill with. J-week was last week. I'm not sure the fragrance of the knowledge of Christ was spread around as much as it should have been. and how exactly should it have spread? like when u break an alabastair jar filled with the finest, very expensive, perfume.

Has the world become indifferent to this aroma or have we stopped being effective ambassadors?

Am I a fragrance? or a stink bomb? but perhaps, it's even worse, if i'm neither.

No comments: