Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

cure 4 jitters: Psalm 46:10

"Be still and know that I am God" -Psalm 46:10

i got up this morning not ready to face the day. i felt kinda jittery and d long list on today's agenda seem to generate some funky rhythm for the dancing butterflies in my stomach. mind u it's a totally out-of-sync dance. wanting to get things sorted out asap, i was gonna contact quite a few ppl, set appointments, make certain arrangements in my 1 hr break but my phone isn't working. ugh. more butterflies. so i tried half-heartedly to turn to His word instead, with my mind still on my agenda... but i knew i've got to get to the root of all this when i started pouring my freshly pressed peru into a cup already filled with water.

reading the Word then would be like fulfilling a daily routine. my heart wasn't prepared, my mind's everywhere. instead, i was directed to just sit still... and breathe. some worship music came on slightly later...

tt did me good. i headed out again and tho many things were still not quite settled, and things din seem to get any better... at least i got rid of the jitters. no more butterflies. more peace. more trust in God, who knows wat's in store for me ahead in d day...

finally when i next got back to my room, i was more ready for His word. perfect timing indeed. His word spoke right to my situation. No, there's no heart racing, no special feeling, no tugging of the heart nor any erm... anything abnormal. But by faith, in the stillness of the air, i knew God was speaking to me. Slowly, things got ok. Though some things didn't turn out the way i had wanted, it's ok. God is in control...

"Be still and know that I am God" -Psalm 46:10

In all His graciousness, our application for grant for SLC has been approved!
Praise be to the Almighty, awesome, superb God we have!
Thank You Lord Jesus~


1 comment:

*cq* said...

:) share the comfort! hehehe

all d best with ur lines on fri~