Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Saturday, August 05, 2006

a thought

so much has happened amidst the stillness of the dunedin atmosphere. not that dunedin is particularly quiet these days, what with the regular weekly drinkingS n partying going all around campus. It occurred to me how student life can be as mundane, as dull, as silent and non-engaging if you would allow it to be. Really, u're involved as much as you want. It feels like as though a bomb can drop on Otago and yet u can be unaware about it. Or maybe u kinda know it's happening in the background but it doesn't really concern you.

Is it really the kiwi culture or is it just part of Uni life everywhere? You can have eternal life, life in abundance in the fullness of Christ, yet, well~ it doesn't seem very important does it? Esp not in the midst of assignments, tests etc... so what does matter now is... keeping cool, finishing your degree, some fun times with friends and hopefully a good career? and when time comes, the right partner comes along and erm... dream dreams together and raise kids? i dunno where i'm going here but the question i'm driving at is... WHAT'S THE POINT?

I'm not intentionally wanting to advertise for Elim's International outreach come 12th Aug. Though i do think it's gonna be awesome, seeing how the ppl are putting in sooooo much effort (u guys are awesome!). not just in terms of time n effort n energy, but also the prayers too~ I know God will truly bless their efforts to honour Him in this.

Meanwhile, though i'm not technically very involved with this outreach event, other than just supporting them with prayers, this question of "what's the point?" has been highlighted to me through a life of someone tt i'm getting to know better. God has weaved our paths together even more tightly recently and my heart goes out to this person. I long to share the Hope that I have in Jesus and the life in abundance in Him. Life is more than graduating, having that career and that special someone with whom u raise your family with. what happens if there's no awesome, promising career? what if, there's no special someone? I'm learning to trust God with all these (Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you -Matt 6:33) and I'm really thankful that my confidence that everything will work out in due time comes from God because I know my God is a faithful God. but what hope, what confidence do those that don't know Him have?

i meant to write something totally different in this post and i've no idea how i ended up with this. i had wanted to give an update for the past couple of weeks but... i guess there's another time for that. i pray that my heart will continue to be burdened for those that dunno Him. even with the many riches the world has, they don't give u the security of a good job, a wonderful spouse and a happily-ever-after life. Not that coming to know God will give you those but well, at least I have hope in Him. He knows what I need and really, all I ever need, is HIM...

May I be burdened to share this hope, this love that comes from Christ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! just wanted 2 drop by n say hi!! it was really awesome that night in elim. Great performance n great message. tho i didn't c u there. hmmmm..well,i guess ur not the onli one who thinks bout "what's the point"...lot's of ppl do including me. hmmm..yepz. take care n i'll c u arnd! n dun stress too much!

teguh said...

assignments, tests, finishing your degree, some fun times with friends, a good career, etc...
Ppl see what you do. and most importantly, i think, don't be a stumbling block for other ppl... esp if ppl see u re christian.. instead use those things to show God's glory :)