Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve~

Sparkling white snow. Blazing hot sun.

Clean crisp chilly air. Dusty humid hot air.

Slow reflective Christmas. Fully packed crazy Christmas.

Just when I thought I could "sort things out on my own" - I woke up sobbing with a heavy heart. The emotions were so intense and real.

I always try to make light of dreams like this, why read too much into something you don't really comprehend anyway?

But I think... as this festive season is fast zooming past me, as I'm being hurled into 2011 in a frenzy, there are certain things I need to work out with Him. To be real in sharing the Christmas story, to be real in conveying the truth in the birth of Christ, I must first experience for myself the transformation, the joy, the peace, the healing that come with His birth.

Is Christmas truly yours? Or is it another year of exchanging gifts, indulgence in good food + a big dose of alcohol... which, when the night is over, the cheer has died down, the crowd gone, the hangover subsided... just leave you feeling emptier than before?


No comments: