Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

dramas

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a few dramas going on simultaneously. Some of which I'm starring, some of which I'm just a side-kick, some, a k-leh-feh. It's tiring having my hands dirtied with so many dramas going on at the same time - some times I'd just like to zoom out and watch the dramas from the "outside". I suppose one could learn to remove oneself, it's perhaps less emotionally draining to be an audience. A not-so-absorbed audience, that is. I keep getting reminded of how I was howling after watching "Sophie Scholl - The Final Days".

So... what's my conclusion?

I suppose for some dramas, the show has to go on. But surely I can choose the dramas I want to be more involved in. The others I can afford to just let them pass me by. There's one Bigger Drama, the Biggest, in fact, which I've gotta put myself in, if I'm not already in it. I'm sure there's a casting role for me in there, I just need to ask Him for the script. Perhaps, just perhaps, when I learn my lines properly and get into the heart of this Drama, the others will diminish increasingly and wouldn't affect me as much.

In a nutshell, choose your dramas. The not so heart-wrenching ones.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good one:-) one actor who was casted as Jesus in one of the gospel movies said of this experience: "in the process of acting, we are actually becoming." perhaps we might start acting (however hypocritical we would feel) now, be it lesser roles, lest we will never become anything close to the heart of the Supreme Good. and definitely this Drama cannot be a heart wrenching one.

*cq* said...

hey wong, i'm still trying to figure out your identity. might have a hunch, but wouldn't wanna assume ;p