Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

birthday post

i was sick. memorable nonetheless. after all, who knows when, if any at all, will I next have a birthday in Japan?

birthday crepes (by my French neighbour)

how can i have a birthday in Japan without these heavenly Japanese signature treats?

i did pretty well despite being sick. sick enough to postpone a test and skip a class.

however, the celebration continued after a nap...

my favourite kinds of food are Japanese and Italian. I got both! sans pizza though... (there is actually an "Italian restaurant" that doesn't serve pizza?!)

my very special butterfly cake! =) shared with very special people over a very special song.

being sick was like a thorn in my flesh, but by His grace I was able to enjoy everything all the more, because I made a choice to rejoice in all He's given me.

part of having a birthday in the midst of a few others', I could pretend each celebration was also mine ;p

Daisuke (KGK)'s was a day before mine. made this for him.

great company!

this was for Kris'. week after mine. unfortunately, I suspect the one I made for Ciwa turned out better (3 days before mine). that's what happens when you're still experimenting and testing out your recipes.

and today... i found a birthday post for me!

it's been lovely. but dangerous. especially when you allow yourself to get used to cakes and dessert treats...

a few friends asked "what? no party?"

i prefer to connect on a personal basis. you're still welcomed to bring me out for coffee =) even if you have to wait til i get back to Malaysia/New Zealand. it's never too late!

No comments: