Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Passover Feast on Good Friday

I got to participate in the Passover Feast in Ajigasawa Chapel on Good Friday. It was really pleasant. Though an edited version (without the liturgy), it brought back streams of memories of OCF!



the Charoset. I rmb Bomi telling me, "I've no idea how it's supposed to look like!" my reply? "neither. and i bet no one else does!" - it came to be the most popular dish that night.

that's how I had my Charoset. On Matzah (flat unleavened bread) and lettuce.

instead of Roast Lamb, we had 焼肉 (yakiniku) lamb. well, it's still lamb! reminded me of how Greg and Hilda Hughson (Otago Uni Chaplain) so kindly offered to roast a lamb for us last year.

Bitter herbs was substituted with wasabi. That will surely bring tears and remind you of pain and sufferings! ;p

a rooster. reminder of Peter's denial of Christ (Matthew 26:74-75). it didn't end there. he was later reinstated and went on to share the gospel of Christ boldly. "And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it." -Matthew 16:18

Last week on Palm Sunday we had a hen. "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing. " -Matthew 23:37



purple Lenten candles.

Memories of Passover @ OCF last year came flooding back. I thought about the team - scrambling to put something together. God in His grace provided. I thought about Greg and Hilda. Their kindness and generosity. I thought about Wan Yin, my flatmate who came. I thought about Passover two years ago, where Anthony led the liturgy. I wonder how the George family's doing...

It's about people.

It's about Him, His grace and lovingkindness.


No comments: