Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Monday, July 19, 2010

"Remember"

"Experiencing God is like riding a roller coaster that never ends but gets better with each curve. He smiles with delight and enjoyment when He gazes on each one of us." -Mike Bickle

I've been prompted to REMEMBER - different parts of the journey, different scenes of the movie starring God and me, other characters that come and go, some disappear, some remain.

"Experiencing God is like riding a roller coaster that never ends"

most of the time we remember the downs more than the ups. many times we're so caught up with now, we don't remember yesterday. But as I allowed myself to be brought down memory lane, what was came back to mind and I am filled with thankfulness, to the point of tears. Kinda taken aback by the tears, which sprang out without any prior warning, triggered by an sms received @ 2am, read @ 4am. Tears, no longer of despair and sorrow, but tears of gratitude, tears which reminded me of His unfailing love, His goodness and His faithfulness - which build another layer of foundation for the challenges of tomorrow.

"but gets better with each curve"

Sometimes I'm afraid of the uphills - for fear that it leads to another deeper downhill. But really, I need a perspective change - I need to see that the downhills are preparation for the uphills, not the other way round. And no downhills are unnecessary. Yes, it gets better with each curve, and when I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, I just need to tell myself through gritted teeth that it's there whether I see it or not, and even if it takes forever to get there, I will get there.

"He smiles with delight and enjoyment when He gazes on each one of us."

The image of Christ gazing on His bride, the Church has been on my mind a lot lately. I find myself enjoying weddings these days - they're a foreshadow of the day He presents us to Himself as the radiant bride. & the smile, bursting forth with such great joy, on the bride's face is an indication of what it's meant to be when we really get to know Him. Ahhh... such is the treasure of the sheer joy and pleasure of knowing Him.

No comments: