Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

2010 - a dreamy year

I've been thinking a lot about "dreams" lately. Not specific dreams that I've been having, but a general sense of "dreams".

As I took the long weekend off, the fresh breath of air has helped to close a year long's nightmare. With finality I hope. It's a burden that's finally been lifted, I no longer wish to even remember any ounce of it. Whether or not things have been resolved properly, only God knows. I'm too good at having selective memory - I don't think I remember much of the nightmare anymore.

Last weekend I entered into another dream. A beautiful beautiful dreamland where your sorrows or troubles are gone momentarily - you sell them off at a price once you step into this dreamland. In my case, it was a treat of a lifetime. It almost felt like an invitation, an alluring invitation.

And then...

As with all good things, the weekend came to an end. I suppose it's not really fair to say that all good things come to an end. Bad things come to an end too, in fact, everything comes to an end, just that time flies when u're having a good time, but time seems to be dragging its feet when u're not. Towards the end of the dream, I knew that this good dream is giving way to reality and soon enough, I'll be returning to broken dreams.

So I've closed a nightmare - I have one less bad dream to deal with. Yet I cannot run away from the longstanding lingering bad dream. It felt like I was waking up from a good dream into a broken one. Well, at least it's not too depressing yet, 'cos like all good dreams, bad dreams come to an end too, and broken dreams will give way to mended dreams... where every tear will be wiped away and there shall be no more death, no more sorrow, no more crying, no more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Let me press on and persevere in this dream, until I finally wake up again, for the last time.

"The will of God will not bring me where the grace of God cannot keep me."

No comments: