Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Divine Guide

Begone unbelief, my Savior is near,
And for my relief will surely appear;
By prayer let me wrestle and He will perform;
With Christ in the vessel, I smile at the storm.

Though dark be my way, since He is my guide
'Tis mine to obey, 'tis His to provide;
Though cisterns be broken and creatures all fail,
The word He hath spoken shall surely prevail.

~John Newton

4 comments:

Laurie Elliot said...

Wow! I like this hymn! How did you find it?

I also like all the verses you didn't quote. Especially this one:

His love in time past forbids me to think
He’ll leave me at last in trouble to sink;
Each sweet Ebenezer I have in review,
Confirms His good pleasure to help me quite through.

*cq* said...

Did we sing this? It's not in my hymnbook.

found this at the end of the quick commentary on Habakkuk by Wiersbe. Didn't know it's a hymn.

and u're right! I like the other stanzas too. Esp the last 3.

Miss singing hymns with u guys.

Laurie Elliot said...

And I miss singing with you!

Laurie Elliot said...

PS I never saw this hymn until yesterday when I looked it up after seeing your blog.