Isaiah 41:13 (NKJV)

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

Friday, October 02, 2009

what's in a name?

思 - think of; long for; miss

亲 - parent


I've always thought my dad was thinking of, missing his parents when I was born and hence he gave me my name. Never mind that my last name has the same sound as the Chinese negation.


Then I found out yesterday that actually, dad obtained my name from the Chinese saying:


“独在异乡为异客,每逢佳节倍思亲“


"All alone in a foreign land, I am twice as homesick on a festive occasion"


yea, I know. What's in a name? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But as I pondered over it, I can't help but wonder...


perhaps unbeknownst to dad, he has already "released" me - to the ends of the earth. The only condition, is that I'll remember him and mum.





2 comments:

wen said...

hat's a very m meaningful name!! =)

*cq* said...

thanks! =)